With the advancement in camera hardware, image processing is also playing a huge role to enhance picture quality. Besides camera apps and photo editing apps, online photo editing websites have also been really fun to use. These online image editing websites offer every tool that you can expect from them. In this guide, you will learn how to edit your picture online. We would like to present to you the best websites to edit pictures online.
How to edit pictures online for free on Pixlr
Pixlr is the first website going to be part of our guide. It offers quick, easy for beginners and quality online image editing. Before discussing its features, let’s have a brief introduction on how to start image editing on Pixlr.
Almost every online picture editing requires one basics step, which is to upload the image you want to edit. Some websites require to sign up for an account before accessing its full features.
- Go to https://pixlr.com/
- Click on Open Pixlr editor.
- Choose to upload your picture, or provide its URL.
- Use the menu at the top of the canvas to access options.
- The toolbar is located at the left of the canvas.
- You can zoom in or zoom out using the slider at the bottom of the navigator, which displays a smaller version of your photo.
- Layers can be managed in the Layers panel on the right side. If you don’t see it, you can access it from menu>layers.
- Create an account, if you want to save work and continue where you left off.
- Click on history to check the changes you made.
Following are the edit features you can apply to your images to make them look like charm.
Quick Image Adjustment
You can make quick adjustments like cropping and resizing. You can easily remove the background and draw text out of available templates.
When you will upload your photo to edit, you will be provided panel on the left side of the screen, where you can select crop, resize or text tools by clicking on respective icons.
Draw freely on your pictures
Pixlr also allows you to draw on it using freehand. Just select this tool from the toolbar on the left side. Use your mouse cursor to draw on your image.
If you are not a professional in using complex software like Adobe Photoshop, you don’t need to worry.
You can easily remove unwanted objects from a picture, duplicate any object, and remove spots from your skin.
This tool is the best part of this website, especially, for social media lovers. A large collection of filters is free to use on your photos.
Apply Elements and shapes
Pixlr express users can enhance their photos by adding exciting shapes and elements. They represent the scene more clearly.
Note: You can switch to dark mode to avoid eye strain. This will turn the Pixlr dashboard to dark.
When you are done with editing your picture, download it to your local storage. You can also edit pictures instantly from Dropbox.
To watch beginners’ guide to edit a photo on Pixlr, head on this YouTube link. https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D7p9SUZdLtY8&ved=2ahUKEwjfiZCD2bbkAhVQDGMBHeZ3BMYQwqsBMAp6BAgDEAU&usg=AOvVaw2CqhgGlt9D8LQ-7IFkAJsf&cshid=1567588136674
How to edit pictures online for free on Befunky
Befunky is another amazing online photo editing website with tons of features. Follow the steps below to learn about making your picture from better to best and learn about its features.
- Open the browser and go to https://www.befunky.com/
- Click on Get Started.
- You will be provided three options, depending on your choice, select type of editing from these. For editing, click on Edit Photo.
- Go through the instructions and upload your image you want to edit. You can upload a photo from your local storage as well as directly from Google Drive, Dropbox, and URL etc.
- You will have a very simple editor in front of you while editing your picture. That is, your picture will be located at the center and all the required tools at left.
Follow the instructions below to learn about Befunky features and how to apply them to your photo.
Resizing and Cropping
Cropping and Resizing tools can be accessed from the tools panel on the left side. Click on its icon and drag it on your image using your mouse.
Change temperature, brightness, contrast, hue, and much more to improve the overall look of the scene. You can access these from tools panel on the left panel.
Click on the star icon to access filters. Scroll through the available filters and click on your desired one to apply it to your image.
This is a very amazing feature of Befunky online editor which makes it the best editor in this way. Note: Artistic look is available only for Befunky plus subscribers.
Go to Artsy menu to access this feature.
In addition to these, working with text, drawings, background, foregrounds is available through the menu and toolbar.
Video guide on How to use Befunky to edit your picture. https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dq8g29bRyA34&ved=2ahUKEwic5ZHB_rbkAhWEDGMBHYA1CSAQwqsBMAR6BAgGEBA&usg=AOvVaw1Oi4xvbL0W6QhKZygV70JE
Both sites have their strengths and weaknesses; I personally use both of them. Best thing is, they both also have apps available, so you can easily work with them on your tablets or smartphones as well.
And – if you need your photo in a great surrounding, maybe with celebrities or in a frame, check out http://phototint.com